- Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC)
- The OIC tracks current insurance issues and reforms online, with many good resources.
- The Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA), a statewide network of trained volunteers who help people of all ages with questions about health insurance, health care access, and prescription access.
- SHIBA's Consumer Hotline is 1-800-562-6900 (toll free).
The following pages are all maintained by the US Department of Labor, which oversees COBRA regulations:
Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)
- Eligibility and program information for HWD.
- An HWD FAQ compiled by DSHS, including information on how to apply.
- General information and a list of individual carriers and the counties they serve (PDF) from the OIC.
The five largest Washington companies offering individual insurance:
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Blue Shield of Washington, or Regence of Oregon (for Clark County residents)
- Group Health Cooperative
- KPS Health Plans
- Lifewise Health Plans
At present, only three of these carriers are willing to accept payments from Evergreen: Regence Blue Shield, Asuris Northwest Health, and Group Health Cooperative. We currently are unable to pay for Individual plans from any other insurer.
Washington State Health Insurance Pool (WSHIP)